Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm dying...dying from all the sweetness!!


How, how did I not know about this sooner? In the 80s Topps released a series of cards and stickers that featured dinosaurs eating people and getting blown away in graphic detail. It's like someone dredged my unconscious and put the haul onto some poorly-painted collectibles (is there any other kind?). Why, right on this very blog I have expressed my heartfelt desire to see a giant theropod get blasted with a bazooka. If only we could get the serious dinosaur artists to draw some of this stuff . . . somebody could get rich.


Oh yes, my friends, that is a freakin' Parasaurolophus eating a freakin' baby. I was thirteen at the time. What. The. Hell!?*

* by which I mean, "How did these come into existence at all?", "Who thought it was a good idea to sell them to little kids?", and most importantly, "How come I never got any?"


Okay, this is not one of those cards. This is from I Can Has Cheezburger? I've just been dying to use it, and it does hail from the same realm as the dinosaur cards. A realm I call "Stupid Awesome!!!"

Hat tip to Sally, who you may remember from her own gory adventures.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike Taylor said...

Oh my. Do the words exist to describe how crazy-awesome sick-retarded this is? I've got to see the film.

2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go here for the complete set:

http://www.bobheffner.com/dinosaursattack/indexfront.htm

Randy

1:24 PM  
Blogger TheBrummell said...

Thanks Randy.

I want those cards. I have never seen anything so bat-shit crazy-awesome before.

W. T. F.?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have no idea why my parents continued to buy me those cards (to shut me up, perhaps?); I remember many a summer afternoon, eating my milk & cookies, flipping through the various cards depicting people getting torn apart, melted, and crunched, and wondering why in the hell so many of the dinosaurs had hands like people do. I think I am only missing one card from the set, and I know that at least one issue of a comic was also put out by Topps. Now all you need to do is get the cards, rent "Planet of the Dinosaurs," and enjoy hours of killer-dino fun.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bobheffner.com/dinosaursattack/front37.htm Inspiration for the Jurassic Park spitter?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I love the mordor image...it was desktop wallpaper at work for a few weeks...every time I closed out an application I got another glimpse at it.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home